Black Tiger Prawns with Garlic & Parsley Butter
Serves: 4 (appetizer)
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 6 - 7 minutes
Have you checked out our online gourmet grocery store recently? If you have, you’ll have noticed that our beautiful black tiger prawns are now available for pre-ordering. Here’s a delicious recipe for a dish that heroes our freshly caught wild black tiger prawns perfectly.
- 1kg black tiger prawns (butterflied)
- ¼ cup of butter (softened at room temperature)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 handful parsley
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Lemon zest
- Lemon wedges for garnishing
- Serrated knife
- Smooth-edged knife
- Sharp scissors
- Chopping board
- Pestle and mortar
- Food processor (optional)
- Baking dish
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt over the butterflied prawns and be sure to evenly distribute the salt. Allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
- Once the prawns have rested, rinse them with cold water and pat them dry using a paper towel. Lay them down on a buttered baking dish and set them aside while you move on to the next step.
- Use a pestle and mortar to combine the garlic, parsley and salt until a thick paste has formed. If you’d prefer to use a food processor for this step you’re welcome to.
- Spoon the paste into a separate bowl and add the softened butter. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest to the mixture and combine. Season with a sprinkling of black pepper if desired.
- Generously spread the mixture into the butterflied prawns using the spoon and place in the refrigerator until the oven is preheated.
- Preheat your oven to 230C. Place the baking dish on the highest rack and roast for 5 to 7 minutes or until the pawns are pink and opaque.
- Remove the prawns from the oven, garnish with a sprinkle of finely chopped parsley and add lemon wedges on the side.
Chefs tip: Black tiger prawn shell’s retain heat exceptionally well and so they tend to cook more quickly than other prawns. To avoid the meat from becoming tough due to overcooking, monitor them closely while they’re in the oven.
Our butterflied black tiger prawns with parsley and garlic butter recipe is scrumptiously simple & bound to be a crowd-pleasing appetizer. In addition to tasting delicious and being quick & easy to prepare, this dish looks genuinely gorgeous on the plate thanks to its vibrant mix of colours.
If you’ve decided that you’ll be trying this recipe out for yourself, let us know how it turns out.