An easy and delicious cheese board is perfect for a party, holiday entertaining, or any get-togethers!
At Les Gastronomes, we are very conscious of product quality and we strongly advise to build your own cheese platter. As the more you cut a cheese the more you impact its quality, so imagine that your cheese is pre-cut in small pieces many hours before your event, all these beautifully cut small pieces are now drying and oxidizing.
It’s time to take a shot on building your own cheese board!
What cheese to buy for your cheese board? 3 to 6 Cheeses
- 1 familiar flavor preferably a hard cheese (Comte, Beaufort, Cheddar or Parmesan)
- 1 exciting flavor like an extra-tangy goat cheese (Chabichou), or an off-the-wall flavor like ash ripened cheese (Saint-Maure de Touraine or Valencay)
- 1 stimulating flavor like a blue cheese either a Roquefort or a Valdeon
- 1 or 2 varieties of milk cheeses, we like the Brillat-Savarin for its creaminess or Camembert di Bufala, you can complete with Truffle Brie, Camembert or Chaource.
- 1 aged cheese something like an Aged Comte or an Aged Gouda
What cold cuts can I add? 3 cold cuts
- Beef bresaola a classic that everyone likes
- Turkey bresaola giving the platter extra color and a Beef Alternative
- Beef Cecina de Leone more depth to the taste
Do we add Fruits & Vegetables? 2 or 3
It is always nice to condiment your platter with the following products:
Black and/or green olives, cherry tomatoes, some leafs,
Figs, apples, pears & grapes pair very well with cheese, they add depth of taste and some texture.
Butter, Chutney or Jam? 2 or 3
It all depends on your origins, French will always go for butter, completing with chutney or jam is always about a personal preference. I would tend to go for onions chutney and raspberry jams.
Bread or crackers?
- Baguettes or Mini Baguettes are always a preferred option (always put them a few minutes in a hot oven before serving).
- Sourdough Bread
- Sliced baguette crostini drizzled with olive oil, salt and thym (brown in the oven at 180 degrees)
Am new customer, but some my friends tell me that ur product is good and testy, so I will try !!!