A recipe inspired from Alain Ducasse recipes
INGREDIENTS (4 PERSONS)
1 kg coarse salt
1 kg duck fat
Preparing duck legs
- Place half the coarse salt on the bottom of a shallow dish.
- Place duck legs on top and cover with remaining coarse salt.
- Cover the dish with clingfilm and store in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Preparing duck confit
- Preheat the oven to 160oC.
- Remove duck legs from dish and rinse under cold water to remove any traces of salt.
- Drain carefully on a cloth.
- Cut the extra skin from around the duck Leg and the top of the leg
- Heat a frying pan and melt the duck fat.
- Put the duck legs in the melted fat and bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours.
- Drain it on a wire rack.
Presentation and finish
Arrange duck legs on plates or store in their cooking fat in previously sterilized glass jars.