Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min + 25 Min resting
- 1 boneless leg of lamb
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth or dry red wine
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180°C
- Tie the lamb to have a more even cooking.
- Pat lamb dry and score fat by making shallow cuts all over with tip of a sharp small knife.
- Pound garlic to a paste with sea salt using a mortar and pestle (or mince and mash with a heavy knife) and stir together with rosemary and pepper. Put lamb in a lightly oiled roasting pan, then rub paste all over lamb. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Roast lamb in middle of oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted 2 inches into thickest part of meat (do not touch bone) registers 130°F or 54°C, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 15 to 25 minutes (internal temperature will rise to about 140°F or 60°C for medium-rare).
Add beef broth or dry red wine to pan and deglaze by boiling over moderately high heat, stirring and scraping up brown bits, 1 minute. Season pan juices with salt and pepper and serve with lamb.
Click here to: ORDER YOUR LEG OF LAMB